Thursday 2 November 2017

Let me introduce myself

Wedding Planner sitting in garden drinking tea
Just sitting in the garden with a cup of tea...like you do

The process of hiring a wedding planner is a personal one, of course you want to have confidence that the planner can plan your wedding for you. But you want to know you'll gel, after all you’ll be spending a lot of time with this person over the course of the planning and you're entrusting a complete stranger with what should be one of the most amazing days if your life.

So I thought I'd invite you in for a virtual cuppa and a slice of cake...take sugar?


My name is Louise Crockett and I live in Winchester with my husband Paul, my son Ellis and my cat Leela. We're extremely lucky living in Winchester as it's such a beautiful city.

Gorgeous white cat
Leela - a very spoilt cat

I try my best to be as ethical and environmentally friendly as possible, I own an electric car and use cloth nappies on my son. I could do better though - I waste far too much food and I use too much plastic.

Wedding recycling bin for outdoors wedding
Image: Style Me Pretty
Photographer: Lane Dittoe Weddings

I've always been creative; I bake, knit and sew... I would be a perfect Mrs Beeton if only I cleaned up after myself - I'm very messy. That doesn't mean I'm not organised though, having been a PA for a number of years I'm very good at keeping everything (and everyone) in check. The PA in me loves looking after people which is just one of the many reasons why Wedding Planning is my calling.

Messy desk but organised
Image: Stocksy/Lumina

I probably shouldn't be listing out my faults but another one of them is my sweet tooth and my inability to say no to anything calorific... but hey ho - I don't drink or smoke - a girl's got to have her naughty side and mine leads me to cake every time!

Colourful cake table with walnut whips, sweets, fondant fancies and various cakes
Just a few of my favourite cakes!
Image: Yusuf Ozkizil

I take time to research everything... Christmas is just round the corner and I've spent so much time already researching unique presents for my loved ones. When I book a holiday there's no going to a travel agent for me, I'll spend ages looking up the various options and create something bespoke for us...another plus for Wedding Planning.

So feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to discuss your wedding plans - I'll be ordering an English breakfast tea and probably some sort of cake or chocolate item!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interview with a Bride - New Year's Eve wedding

This week I caught up with Stephanie Leonidas who is about to celebrate her one year anniversary to Robert Boulter this New Year's Eve....